- Data Centers
- Construction Services
Testing & Commissioning
Critical power & cooling
- High reliability data center
HYPERSCALE DATA CENTER
PLANNET was engaged by this confidential client to construct two data center suites as an expansion of this live/active cloud data center facility. The PlanNet team acted as the General Contractor in partnership with Rosendin Electric.
PLANNET’s scope included the management of the full construction delivery team, including the owner’s equipment suppliers (Owner Furnished Contractor Installed – OFCI) as well as the electrical, mechanical, fire protection, structured cabling and architectural trades. PLANNET provided leadership and general contracting to deliver the project using Integration Project Delivery (IPD) methodology. In addition, PlanNet planned and managed the construction Method of Procedure (cMOP) process, providing the interface with the client’s construction operations, security and risk management teams on a daily basis.
Each data hall (referred to by the client as “colos”) consisted of 20,000 SF of white space, supported by 4MW of critical power and supporting cooling (for a total of 9MW).
The PLANNET scope included:
- construction management for the integrated project team (PLANNET, electrical contractor, mechanical contractor and all trades)
- management and coordination all general trades work inside the live data center;
- preparing all cMOPs for the work;
- removal of an exterior panel from the data center to facilitate the installation of electrical skids inside the electrical rooms;
- development and installation of temporary containment and DX cooling in the network row; and
- full testing and commissioning of the facility infrastructure and technology equipment.
Feel free to contact us for a consultation.
How can we help you!
LATEST NEWS, IDEAS AND
RESOURCES FROM PLANNET
- PLANNET Gives LA’s Union Station a Major Tech Upgrade February 15, 2021 - Over the past year, PLANNET has been pleased to be a part of the restoration efforts at Union Station, working as a lead partner to… Read More >>
- 2021 Workplace Technology Trends: Post Pandemic Productivity, Safety and Security for the Long Term January 27, 2021 - 2020 has come and gone leaving many new information technology challenges in its wake. Mitigation of Covid-19 in the workplace and the necessary transition from… Read More >>