- Data Center Strategy & Consulting
Work completed in active server environment
ST JOSEPH HEALTH SYSTEMS
PLANNET’s engagement began with providing project management support for the reorganization and upgrade of St Joseph Health System’s 1,600 square foot Southern California Regional Data Center and a Northern California server room upgrade.
In addition to detailed planning, creating and managing the cutover planning for each event, the PLANNET team was responsible for all stakeholder and vendor communications for the planning and execution of the following:
- Identification and remediation of all servers/devices to A-B power source;
- Remediation of all single power devices within the SCRDC to ATS sourced power;
- Remediation of cabinet power from single phase to three-phase power;
- Worked with stakeholder and technology to teams to upgrade the UPS systems, install a new UPS systems and generator while keeping the data center fully up and available (1.25 generator installed, 600 KVA UPS installed, 8 PDU’s installed);
- Facilitated the planning and execution for relocation of five multi-use SAN storage systems;
- Facilitated the planning and execution to swap out approximately 180 cabinets (with live equipment) to new
SCRDC standard cabinets and cabinet power CDUs in support of hot/cold aisle configuration and power consumption monitoring;
- Moved approximately 600 servers; and
- Identified and de-Installed 400+ servers.
Feel free to contact us for a consultation.
How can we help you!
LATEST NEWS, IDEAS AND
RESOURCES FROM PLANNET
- PLANNET Gives LA’s Union Station a Major Tech Upgrade February 15, 2021 - Over the past year, PLANNET has been pleased to be a part of the restoration efforts at Union Station, working as a lead partner to… Read More >>
- 2021 Workplace Technology Trends: Post Pandemic Productivity, Safety and Security for the Long Term January 27, 2021 - 2020 has come and gone leaving many new information technology challenges in its wake. Mitigation of Covid-19 in the workplace and the necessary transition from… Read More >>