SOLUTIONS FOR A SAFE AND SECURE BUSINESS
Physical security and fire life safety systems have long been important in both private and public sector settings. Protecting people, assets and buildings themselves has always been a priority. However, up until recently, these systems have typically been pretty rudimentary and stand-alone in nature. In a simpler world, that sufficed. However, the world has changed … drastically. Today, security threats are very real, coming in many forms from many different directions. And, due to a number of catastrophic events in recent years, fire life safety has become a priority for business owners and leaders alike. Fortunately, technological developments, including extensive application and integration of IT and IP networking now provide the foundation for sophisticated physical security and fire life safety systems that effectively support business needs in virtually any environment. PLANNET has the skilled and experienced professional team to help you review/assess your current environments and provide guidance to achieve desired move-forward objectives.
PLANNET’s security consultants have a wealth of experience providing our clients effective guidance regarding the most challenging security threats facing business today. With detailed attention to the future of our clients’ organizations, their strategic plans, objectives and budgets, PLANNET provides comprehensive individualized solutions that facilitate prevention and mitigation of both internal and external threats.
PLANNET provides a wide range of security oriented professional services, including, but not limited to:
- Threat assessments and analysis
- Security system and facility auditing
- Security strategic/master planning and security standards development
- Security policy and procedure analysis and development
- Security industry trend analysis and directional recommendations
- Complete system design services from basis of design (BoD) and technical specification development to full CAD/Revit Construction drawing packages
- System acquisition process management (formal and informal RFP development and proposal/bid evaluation)
- Construction/installation oversight/management
PLANNET believes that an effective security system design should incorporate IT technology trends and integrate with other low-voltage technology systems. Recognizing architectural implications and operational factors early in the building or space programming process will avoid problems and compromises in function, aesthetics, and project budgets.
PLANNET’s security consultants approach each project from a holistic perspective by concentrating on vulnerabilities and threats and applying best practices to develop a comprehensive solution for each client. A key factor in our success is taking the time to listen and understand our clients’ needs versus attempting to apply a “one size fits all” solution that wastes money and time and doesn’t address the organization’s real needs. PLANNET is a solution oriented organization.
PLANNET has extensive experience in evaluating, designing, procuring, administrating and commissioning the following technical security systems and components:
- Access Control (including single-credential smart-card and smart-phone solutions for residential and multi-use properties)
- Video Surveillance and Management
- Technical Surveillance Countermeasures
- Alarm Management
- Intrusion Detection
- Perimeter Protection
- Mass Notification
- Parking Access and Security
- Blue Light System and Secured Communications
- Emergency and Risk Mitigation
- Asset Tracking and Management
- Government CAC and TWIC Deployment and Management
PLANNET is totally independent and unbiased, with no allegiance to or affiliation with any manufacturers, suppliers or installers. PLANNET will always choose the systems and solutions that are best suited for each individual project and security need.
Building and fire codes dictate the requirements for new construction, tenant improvements and retrofitting technologies within buildings. Regardless of the type of building, building use or space allocations, the code requirements remain the same. In other words, code compliance essentially is a one-size-fits-all situation. Unfortunately, this situation creates challenges for certain specialized client environments.
PLANNET’s understanding of current code requirements and experience designing a multitude of complex Fire Alarm Systems allow us to meet code requirements in the context of meeting our clients’ unique needs. Understanding the clients design needs, whether it be a fully engineered solution or simply a performance specification for the work, PLANNET will deliver a cost-effective solution that streamlines the procurement process, allows bidding contractors to accurately propose the work, and ensures code compliance, which is critical to obtaining certificate of occupancy (COO).
PLANNET provides the following Professional Services to meet your preferred method of project delivery:
- Development of performance specifications with or without supporting CAD drawings
- Full design documents/engineered solution, includes system diagrams, device locations, programming, voltage and battery calculations, etc.
- Bid process management
- Peer review of existing documents
- Construction management and installation oversight
- Final Acceptance testing and commissioning